An Ideal Husband...

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

heh..was reading this book by Oscar Wilde "An Ideal Husband"..never thought I would read this kind of Lit text..was talking to my fren abt Lit and got me v interested in Lit now..this bk was v short..only abt 125 pages..it's sort of like a script..cos it's written in the form of a play..interesting bk with a happy ending..make me feel as if love can conquer everything..hmm..I dun think I will know this unless I'm in love ya? but then..there's one prob with the story..perhaps because it's written in 1895..it's still a conservative society then and women are not supposed to have great achievement or success..or highly educated or even seem to have common sense! One of the characters in the play even said tt common sense is the privilege of the men..women are not supposed to have any! wow..tt's so sexist! I don't think I can ever survive in tt kind of society..how did those women survive it?! by saying nothing at all and just listen to their husbands talking abt politics? of cos they r entitled to their opinions but never in the House..well..dunno what's the Women's Liberal Association for..maybe I've misunderstood some parts of the then society..but one thing is clear..women were being suppressed..it's really a tragic..fortunately now is different..we r free to speak our minds and receive education..of cos there's still sexual discrimination somewhere in the world..but on the whole..the situation has improved greatly..

hmm..didn't do much today..went out for lunch at gelare! today is tuesday so it's half price!! then went to a cafe at MPH to read a bk and browse bks..wah..like I'm so intellectual hor..hehe..went to lib last night to borrow some IT bks and Lit bks..and met Nasir there..I actually said hi to him first..it's weird cos I dun really know him back in sec sch..and seldom talked to him (if I've ever talked to him b4)..then fr there we just started talking for a while..asking each other abt sch, NS, life etc..didn't talk for long cos I've gotta go soon as lib was closing soon..but quite happy to catch up with an old fren (hmm..consider as a fren?..) ..it's weird..I guess it's like this most of the time..u dunno the person well when u r in the same sch..but once u leave the sch and go separate ways..and one day u suddenly bump into the person on the street and one of u initiate a convo..and u will find tt actually the person is quite nice and not so hard to reach out to after all..u will exchange info abt each other and update each other with gossips..then will part and bid each other farewell..without exchanging nos. or wat..it's a nice feeling..just to catch up with each other..if we exchange nos..I wouldn't quite like it..cos this means I have to message the person once in a while if not they will think I'm too proud or wat..but the fact is..I'm not good at maintaining relationships..be it friendship or courtship..just not gd at this kind of stuff..have to wait for others to initiate first..but talking nonsense all these face to face is absolutely no prob for me..i'm used to it..in fact i like tt rather than messaging..cos this is like a kind of one off thingy..so dun need to worry too much..aiya..i really can't figure myself out also la..and i don't bother to..hee..

heh..i'm so excited! got Champions' League action today!! Real Madrid!! come on come on!! U can do it!! oh..and i may be going to Botanic Gardens tmr..crazy rite..cos too free now..nothing to do..so must as well go take a walk and learn to appreciate nature!! haha..
travelled around the world at 3:59 PM