C'est La Vie
Wednesday, December 08, 2004
C'est La Vie = This is Life..y does it sound nicer when it's in French? Perhaps it's because I dun understand French tt's y it doesn't sound as gloom to me..yupz..This is Life..how many times in our life have we used this phrase? It's usually when we r resigned to the fact tt nothing can be helped to assuage the situation..there's nothing we can do abt it..is it really true? what if we have try all means to alter the situation..would it have been different and within (not beyond) our control? hmm..I'm watching Arsenal vs Rosenburg match now..it's obvious tt Rosenburg is a weaker team..and there's a 3 goal difference now..what r the players, coach and backroom staff thinking now? what's exactly on their mind? do they resign to their fates and the fact tt Arsenal is a better team with better players..there's no way we can defeat them..it's never meant to be? how many ppl will think of it tt way? and how many ppl will think tt if there's a will, there's a way? what abt those big clubs like Barcelona are thinking when they r losing? right now, Barcelona is trailing by 2 goals..do they give themselves excuses such as "oh..we r already in quarter finals thus the team we fielded is young and inexperienced..of cos not much was expected fr them..so a loss is okay..just treat it as an experience for them.." Are these excuses or just an indirect way of saying "This is Life"? young and inexperienced..tt's y we couldn't win..This is Life..is tt how it works? It seems so easy to blame everything on fates and we hide behind it unconsciously most of the times..
As anyone can c..I'm a huge soccer fan..but recently there's some issues regarding racist..I've never expected Spain to be racist..at least not THAT racist..monkey chants..how disrespectful and disgraceful..it jeopardizes their chances of bidding for 2012 Olympics..well..they don't exactly deserve this..it's just a small crowd who's giving Spain a bad reputation..certainly racism exists everywhere rite? I remembered Barcelona top striker Samuel Eto'o comments after the Spain vs England friendly which caused a furore..being the African player there, he's subjected to some racism at times..but he said something which was so gut-wrenching and made me shake my head involuntarily.."tt's part of the job"..how sad can this get..part of the job..part of the job doesn't include being subjected to discrimination! Eto'o has scored a lot for his club..tt's y the Spanish fans like him..how practical they r..u contribute, u get the respect u deserve..but the qn is..is he really getting the respect he deserves? r ppl being sincere towards him or he's being accepted on the surface but one mistake will make the fans turn on him? he's lucky tt so far he's been pleasing the fans well and he seemed to be accepted into the Barcelona family..but there are those who work v hard to prove their worths but still end up getting scorned at, discriminated..and u will ask urself y? ixit because of race or gender? or is there something unacceptable abt u? Sometimes, the ans is neither..ppl just dun like u for no particular reason..is tt what we call "C'est La Vie"?
Gender discrimination has not been much of a prob now..esp when women are getting more and more capable and educated..but racial discrimination is still a concern..usually ppl are discreet abt their disdains for other races..but the ugly side of human nature reveals itself when ppl can't stand losing..they just want to hurt the opposition..to make them feel as hurt as they themselves when they r losing..but what's the point? will there be any satisfaction there? will u be proud of yourself after u have done tt? I don't think so..u should be ashamed of yourself..be "colourblind"..tt's what one of the contestants in "America's Next Top Model 2" , April, said in her interview..what an apt phrase to use..I don't believe this situation will be changing for the better in the near future..but ppl should practice racial harmony like what we r doing in S'pore..even though it's only superficial, at least it helps to maintain orders and prevent ppl from getting hurt emotionally and physically..
Back to Champions' League action! yeah!! Fabregas and Reyes scored!! I'm not a Gunners' fan..but I like these 2 spanish players in the team..actually I like spanish players..most of them..not all..Fabregas is only 17! OMG..nowadays those athletes are getting younger and younger and I feel so old now..look at the leggy Maria Sharapova who's getting so much attention for both her looks and tennis skills..and tons of soccer players like Wayne Rooney who r getting too much attention for their own good, in my opinion at least..I dunno if all these attention will have a positive or negative impact on them..but one thing I'm sure..keep ur feet on the ground and u won't go wrong..at least tt's what I believe..
"Beliefs shape behaviours..so if u wanna change ur behaviour..change ur beliefs first.."
- from a friend of my friend -
travelled around the world at 8:00 PM
Quote
Blank pages anxiously await the words
They so desperately need to feel alive.
Encasing thoughts that are dying to be heard
Screaming out the things we often try to hide
The beauty of verse, the power of prose.
Filling the world with profound emotion.
Thoughts & feelings, every nerve is exposed.
Tossing us into the depths of a chaotic ocean.
Archives
Credits
Tag