Champions' League...Blogs..

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Aargh! Last night I only managed to catch Arsenal's match..cos I dun haf cable and I didn't check the livescore online after the interval..I couldn't believe it..Valencia was out!! They lost to Werder Bremen 2-0..WTH man..haiz..Claudio Ranieri fielded some of the players the fans were hoping to c..but still..what's wrong? was it the tactic or simply because the opponent was too strong for them? Valencia's form was going downhill after a fantastic start to the season..the absence of Vicente was a huge blow to them..he's out due to injury..but he played last night in the 2nd half! maybe he wasn't fully recovered yet..but still..there's Aimar and Mista..don't even bother mentioning Di Vaio..he's useless..dunno what he's doing in the team..haiz..what's wrong? but recently..their form took a turn for the better in the La Liga..have been winning the past few matches..it's quite impossible for them to be one of the title chasers this season..Barcelona is way too strong..hrm..Real Madrid ah..they r v inconsistent..so will just hafta c how as it goes along..those 'galaticos' aren't really performing..but I hope they can overtake Barca in the table by the end of January..this should be an attainable target I think..Barca can't be winning forever..their players will burn out sooner or later..

Yesterday was Chelsea's skipper John Terry's birthday..but I guess even birthday boys don't have all the luck as Chelsea lost to Porto 2-1..a last min header put Porto thru the knock-out stages..and the boss Jose Mourinho may have to face Porto again..something I'm sure he's dreading..I like Chelsea..but I dun like the boss..he's so damn arrogant! I've always thought tt humility is something which is important in life..but apparently it's not so in his case..or perhaps the society has changed..ppl are no longer needed to be humble..they can be as arrogant as they want..so long they can deliver the results ppl expected of them..or even exceed ppl's expectation..tt will shut ppl up and they will not dislike u even if u r so damn arrogant with ur head up in ur ass..my marketing tutor also said b4.."u think ppl will appreciate u being humble? tt's where u r wrong..if u r humble, u can't possibly have a chance to outshine and perform cos u will always be playing down the praises..be arrogant when u r needed without offending the rest.." okay..I don't remember his exact words..but it should be something like with me adding some extra stuff..but this sounds reasonable..however Chelsea boss seems to be making enemies with his comments..he's always putting down ppl..but he's right most of the time! how infuriating and irritating can this be..arrogant but smart ass..damn it! he can read and analyze other teams so well tt he can tell his players what to expect of the opponents..their every moves and tactics..this is the making of a good or even excellent manager..I admire him for tt..but for once..just for once..be humble a bit and let me like u as a manager..it will be weird if I like the players but not the manager!

The managers of the top 3 teams are so different in their approach to coaching their teams..but all of them have one common target..be the cream of the crops..emerge as the winner this season..and for the seasons to come..Sir Alex Ferguson likes to play mind games..he may seem to put down his team in front of those reporters and media..but behind, he's secretly training them up and making sure they r all out to win..veterans like Alan Shearer won't fall for his tricks easily..they have experienced it b4..Arsene Wenger is no fool either..just look at his qualifications and u will know he has a good brain..he's good in buying players..can tap their potentials to the fullest..for eg..Thierry Henry..and recently those youngsters who have proven themselves b4 falling victims to Man U in the Carling Cup..he trains them from young and prepares them for the first team to replace the senior players when the time comes..so what if Patrick Veira is suspended..there's still Fabregas who can be the next Roy Keane or so as the Gunners fans have claimed..tt still remains to be seen..as for Jose Mourinho..talked abt him already and we know he's an excellent reader of the game..he can motivate his players and keep them tog..team spirit..Arsenal have great team spirit too..dunno abt Man U..cos they seem a bit divided..but Arsenal and Chelsea display great team spirits..skippers play a part too..Roy Keane is a bit eccentric for me..well I dunno..who shall be the title holder remains to be seen..

Anyway..recently I have been surfing for other blogs to read..there's a blog owned by a 14 yo..his entries showed his matured thinking..talking abt politics and abt life..hmm..but when he put up an entry which consisted of his convo with his frenz on MSN or wat..there's another side of him..the 14 yo side of him..they r just the normal 14 yo who r curious abt certain things..oh and there's this blog whose entries are nothing but abt politics..all the news ard the world and nothing else..nothing abt his personal life..and there are actually many ppl who are spiritual..their entries will mostly end with quotes from the Bible..most of the blogs I've read are from US..so can get a glimpse of their kind of life over there..pretty much like what we've read in storybooks..cheerleading, basketball games, football games, working while studying, partying, dating, staying in hostels, going home during wkends and Thanksgivings etc..esp now is the X'mas period..so they r talking abt X'mas plans and decorations coming up..quite interesting..but most of them r forever boozing and smoking..so detrimental to health..okay..I think I prob sound like a nun in my blog..I like to booze..but not regularly..just a social drinker..as for smoking..I can't stand it..but it's okay for my frenz to smoke as long as they don't do it right in front of me..well whatever..going out liao..
travelled around the world at 8:35 AM