Eventful Week!
Sunday, April 10, 2005
This is one of the most exciting weeks in my pathetic life! I stayed up on wed morn to watch first half of Liverpool vs Juventus match..and...it's damn exciting!! 2 goals by Liverpool in the 1st half!! Woohoo!! Luis Garcia's and Sammi Hyypia's strikes were perfect!! Luckily I only watched the 1st half cos according to my fren, the 2nd half was quite boring and Juventus scored one..Anyway, I was glad to realise I wasn't the only one who's crazy enough to stay up and watch..btw heard tt a lot of ppl in the hall watched the match too..all those crazy ppl like me! :S
Then on wed morn there was Spanish oral test..Not tt I found it v exciting. But I didn't have time to prepare for it cos there's this OB presentation coming up so quite busy with tt..plus I stayed up until 4am in the morn for the match. Somehow I didn't bother to start studying for the oral at all..v slack. However, Spanish is my fave module this sem! At least it's more interesting than the rest lor..Anyway..to my surprise, min min (my partner for the oral test) and I aced it! After we finished our conversation (in Spanish..duh), the tutor was clapping her hands and praising us for our perfect dialogue and diction!! Whoa! Never expected tt man..it's really unbelievable. Both of us were quite shocked cos we know where our standard is..heh..but then, on the other hand, perhaps the tutor was telling everyone the same thing? hmm..well it's over anyway.. =) went for sakae's buffet as a reward..heh..
Here comes the most horrible day of the wk! I stayed up to watch the first few mins of Chelsea vs Bayern Munich match on thurs morn and went to slp shortly after cos I wasn't interested..Suddenly there's a noise. Something was banging against my shelf. I woke up startled. I just sat on my bed, not moving, waiting for another sound. Then there was the sound again. I immediately switched on the light. I looked at the shelf but couldn't c anything. Then the wire next to it moved. Guess what? A mouse just ran across the floor!! Right there in my bedroom!! YIKES!! How disgusting could tt be?! Actually we knew there was a mouse in our house for a wk already and even set up a mouse trap downstairs..but little did I know it was right in my rm! WTH!! I immediately switched off my fan, grabbed my bag, laptop and clothes and ran out of the romm, slamming the door shut behind me. First person to look for was of cos my dad. It took them quite a while to grasp the situation cos they had been sleeping for a while already. Soon, they started to put the mousetrap in my room instead and shut the door. My bro was awakened by this commotion but he could do nothing to help us cos...he's scared too!! Haha!! But I think most ppl will be wetting their pants at the prospect of coming face to face with a mouse..yikes! But tt mouse was damn smart! We used food as bait but it still wouldn't come out. The following night, my parents went into my rm and knocked on the furnitures with a stick but it still wouldn't come out. We were v sure it's still in the room cos its wastes were on the floor. We saw it v clearly. Enough is enough. I missed my rm a lot! No proper bed, no internet access, no tv to myself. Tt's bad. So today, we went on a hunt for the mouse in my rm. We removed every furniture fr my rm except the wardrobe. Then, there was a movement behind the wardrobe. We heard it. Suddenly, a black ball came scampering out. It was the mouse! Finally! It's v smart and brave man. But we were vicious enough. My dad aimed and threw a slipper right on its head. Twice. Obviously it died on the spot. Ooh..sounded cruel but it's necessary cos mice are unhygenic. Finally it's gone and I can have my internet access and comfortable bed! hee..
The one last thing which made this wk eventful was the irritating neighbours. Or rather the relatives of the neighbours. What they did was really the last straw. We have tolerated them for yrs esp those kids who r always running ard like b*******, no one to control them. Always creating trouble. Last time, they left those chicken bones at our clothes hanging area. Ok. Fine. We tolerated. Then one of the adults always spat into our drain. Ok, fine. We tolerated again, considering the fact tt they r uncivilised ppl. It's only a disgrace to themselves. They always play with a ball at our compound when they have so much space over at their place. And our car was parked there and the ball hit our car. OK FINE! 2 wks ago, they played with frisbee and landed on our car's windscreen. Bro went over to talk to the adults, hoping they would take initiative to keep their kids in hand. Apparently it's of no use. Cos today, there was actually scratches on our car! It's their doing cos bro would always check the car for scratches b4 he goes out. And he saw those scratches today. The kids were terrified when we asked to speak with the adults. Tt ya-ya-papaya adult pretended to listen and promised to tell the kids off. He offered compensation but we haven't decided how we want them to compensate cos mom and dad weren't at home, so had to discuss with them first. And tt adult went back to the house and ask one of the kids to take pic of the scratches on our car with her camera phone so tt next time if we have any more scratches, we won't anyhow blame it on them! WTF! pardon my language. But this was too much! It's ur fault and now u r implying we r trying to accuse u?! One of the idiotic women came out and took a look at the scratches and said, " Aiya..so small! can't even c!" Come on la auntie! I don't think u r tt blind, r u? Moreover, if the scratches were really deep, I doubt u would have the money to pay for it. This is not even ur residence and u want to create trouble here? This is PRIVATE PROPERTY K?
After a heated discussion abt the whole fiasco regarding whether we should tell the owner of the house, the compensation and the parents of the kids, I was really disappointed with someone. Tt person is always like this. Other ppl r already climbing on top of u and u still want to let them carry on?! Ppl don't even give u the basic respect and u r nothing in their eyes. Ur complaints won't work on them cos they obviously aren't doing anything abt it and it leads to today's incident. They won't take their kids in hand and let them do whatever they want like those mei (2) jia (1) jiao(4) kids. I couldn't just let them get away just like tt. It's really enough. Enough is enough. Last time the kids carved "Happy New Year" on the other neighbour's car. And now they have grown up and this bunch of brats have taken over. Their parents don't care at all. They just stay in the house playing mahjong all the time. The parents of the kid who inflicted the scratches on our car didn't even bother coming out cos they were too engrossed in the mahjong game! What kind of parents are they?! And I doubt it will be of much use complaining to the owner of the house. Cos after all, it wasn't his own kids who did tt. He wasn't the one who promised to compensate and take the children in hand. Moreover, the owner of the house don't like his relatives coming over too but he tolerated it because of his mom. If u were the owner, would u be bothered with it too? U would just nod ur head and offer a few consolation words. In the end, u will just ask the person to settle it with the culprit himself rite? Don't think he will take action just because u complain to him! Don't be naive! Tt person really let me down. I couldn't believe tt person was such a coward. Either tt or tt person really has an amazing capacity of tolerance. For me, I seriously can't take this lying down. It has to be settled. I don't care if they r still kids. Tt kid is already pri 5 for god's sake! It's time for them to learn more abt responsibility.
We shall c how tmr after talking to the owner of the house. I hope we will have an outcome but I somehow doubt so. Anyway, on a happier note..there's Real Madrid vs Barcelona clash tmr! But channel 5 isn't showing it live! My la liga highlights is gone too!! WTH!! It's being replaced my GOLF highlights.. *groans* How can they replace it with a boring sport?! Boo Hoo..I want to watch my la liga and Casillas!!
::Jamie Cullum : About Time::
travelled around the world at 1:58 PM
Quote
Blank pages anxiously await the words
They so desperately need to feel alive.
Encasing thoughts that are dying to be heard
Screaming out the things we often try to hide
The beauty of verse, the power of prose.
Filling the world with profound emotion.
Thoughts & feelings, every nerve is exposed.
Tossing us into the depths of a chaotic ocean.
Archives
Credits
Tag