Wie geht es Ihnen?
Saturday, May 21, 2005
Yes..this is what I've been learning for the past few wks. GERMAN! It sucks totally! I haven't blogged for a loooooooong time. Believe me. I do want to blog but my stupid laptop crashed AGAIN and AGAIN! Never buy Fujitsu laptop..or rather..never buy laptop frm ur uni even if it's really cheap relatively. Using my bro's laptop again..
Haiz..I didn't even plan to take German! I put it as my third choice as I thought I would get my 1st or 2nd choice..AT LEAST my 2nd choice. But they gave me my 3rd choice instead! Sianz..German is notorious for being the most difficult language being offered at uni. So why do they wanna torture me?! Sigh..but at least I got to know some really nice and fun friends. We just hit it off instantly. Right from the first lesson. Right from the first time we talked to one another. Probably because we know we have to see one another almost everyday for FIVE wks..so must as well get to know one another. The class was fun and everyone was friendly.
But I can't say the same for the tutor. As compared to my Spanish tutor, who was a patient and nice person, this German tutor practises favouritism, has rigid thinking, is impatient and has nicotine addiction. I must dedicate one paragraph to him here. According to theory of Lingism, complaining is a form of communication. Haha..tt was the theory of my friend. Anyway, I really dislike this tutor. He's a damn heavy smoker! He smokes during every break and even when he left us to work on some exercises in the class, he would go out for a while and smoke! He stinks up the room man! So unprofessional! He's really biased too. Not tt I want him to notice him either. But come on! There's other ppl in the class. Don't fix ur eyes only on a few students. Tt's really rude! Hasn't his mum taught him tt b4 when he was young? Moreover, he's really impatient. Since this is our first contact with German, obviously we can't come up with ans as quickly as we wish too. If we can, yth do we need to attend the class? And yth do we pay sch fees for? For him to buy more cigarettes to kill himself? Well, not tt I mind tt he kills himself with cigarettes..but spare a thought for us! And pls dun speak Chinese any more! We can't differentiate his English and Chinese. There was once he tried to explain "flughagen" to us. He tried to give us hints by saying "Changi"..but all of us thought he's saying "chang ying" which is housefly in Chinese! How's tt man? Someone actually said housefly out loud..heh..And yesterday he actually told us, " Class, there will be no class on Monday cos it's Deepavali". HUH??!! Yeah rite..it's Deepavali on Monday and we would be celebrating X'mas next month! My Indian friend stared in horror at his obvious mistake. He didn't even realise it even though we were all collapsing from laughter. So stupid!
Well, but other than this tutor, I enjoyed the German lesson cos we were always talking and making private jokes among ourselves. But then, German is really difficult. I wouldn't recommend anyone to take German if they have a chance. And it's not conventional. Take French or Spanish! Anyway..Yipee! It's a long weekend cos it's Vesak Day (and not Deepavali!)..look forward to the wkend..
Feliz CumpleaƱos Iker y Pei!!
travelled around the world at 12:26 PM
Quote
Blank pages anxiously await the words
They so desperately need to feel alive.
Encasing thoughts that are dying to be heard
Screaming out the things we often try to hide
The beauty of verse, the power of prose.
Filling the world with profound emotion.
Thoughts & feelings, every nerve is exposed.
Tossing us into the depths of a chaotic ocean.
Archives
Credits
Tag