Human nature

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

I have asked friends what they think of physical appearances. Here, my definition of physical appearance is how the person looks and not the presentation of the person. Simply put, it's about the face and size. Is physical appearance important when you make friends and does it differ from choosing your bf/gf? This is inspired by a recent conversation with this French guy who wanted to see me thru webcam cos so far, he has been very open with me and let me see him. I didn't request for it and he's wearing something decent. Okay..maybe half-naked. Apparently it seems to be quite hot over there. Yeah and he thinks he looks better without a shirt on..okkaaayyy..

Anyway, for myself, I don't really care how you look if you are my friend. So even if he does not let me see him, I don't mind either. What's important to me is the conversation. If I feel comfortable talking to the person and the things we talk about. It can range from mundane things to entertainment to current affairs. Anything. That is if I feel comfortable. Looks is secondary, to me at least. You can't change how a person looks. Some people may not have glamarous looks but they have the charm and confidence to carry themselves well. That makes the difference. Some people just blossom when they have a chance to do something which they are most comfortable and confident wih. They do not need natural good looks to attract people to them. Would you want to make friends with someone who only looks good but can't carry a decent conversation? I certainly would not want to. But he thinks looks make up for 50%. Well, we are different and everyone is entitled to his/her own opinions.

When it comes to bf, personality and character are important. In fact, the most important for me if I have a bf. As for looks, pleasant looking will be enough. Pleasant enough for me, not for the rest of the world. Who cares about what others think of your bf? You are the one who's going to spend the most time with him, not them. But I have to say I'm guilty. I've judged couples by their looks. Oops. But everytime after judging them, I will think to myself, what if they are really in love with each other? Love is blind..maybe that applies to them. And maybe they have the same thinking as me.

Well, at least this is how I feel about physical appearances. Maybe some people can identify with me and the rest don't. But as I said, everyone is entitled to his/her own opinions.
travelled around the world at 3:03 AM