Warning? Coordinated? More to come?

Friday, July 08, 2005

This is surreal. Morning after..London won the bid yesterday, however it was greeted with bad news on the morning after. Multiple bombings took place at ard 9am local time (which is ard 4pm here). Well, I wouldn't say this piece of news came at a complete shock. Just a few days ago, my friend and I were talking abt terrorists cos of those delegates and celebs in Singapore. We were talking abt the 'dormant' status of those terrorists. Everything has been too quiet lately..until this happened. I was more appalled by the no. of bombings that took place rather than the actual bombing itself. 3 undergrounds and 1 on a bus. This is worse than 3/11 Madrid bombing. Death toll is still on the rise. This is the most unfortunate incident which can have taken place cos the britons can't even enjoy and immerse in their victory for a while more.

Tony Blair was at the G8 summit in Scotland when this took place. I'm not sure what's happening right now. Apparently there's this group who called themselves 'The Secret Organisation of al-Qaida in Europe' seemed to have claimed responsibility. They are targetting the Zionists and to force them to pull their troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan. I don't know how true this piece of info is..can't confirm yet. But Blair blamed it on terrorists. He branded this as a 'barbaric act' and it's being carried out when people were gathering tog to resolve issues of AIDS and poverty.

Well..I would like to comment on his statement. I'm truly sorry that this has taken place as none of those victims deserves this. But why are the acts of these terrorists branded as 'barbaric'? And why aren't the acts of US and its allies on Iraq being branded the same term? They didn't have concrete evidence of mass weapon destructions, yet they still led the attack on Iraq.

London mayor Ken Livingstone branded this attack on London as 'mass murder' and 'indiscriminate slaughter'. And he said that this was not a terrorist attackagainst the mighty or the powerful, it is not aimed at presidents or prime ministers, it was aimed at ordinary working-class Londoners. He claimed that the objective of this attack is to divide London. The Mayor added: "Black and white, Muslim and Christian, Hindus and Jews, young and old. It was an indiscriminate attempt to slaughter irrespective of any considerations for age, class, religion ... whatever." Why didn't he say something similar to this when US carried out the attack on Iraq? They were launching a full scale attack just to capture Saddam Hussein. In the process of it, many of the Iraqis died or sacrificed. Is this not considered as mass murder? Or do they really think they r doing the Iraqis a favour by removing their leader and liberating them? Liberation and Freedom are such vague terms nowadays. Everything can be done under these 2 terms. They have become such powerful words and their definitions have been blurred as the years go by. Isn't that double standard? They can do something in the name of something 'noble' yet when someone does it to them, it's considered as terrorists and extremists. Bush's words etched deeply in my mind..'If you are not with us, you are with them (terrorists)'..such a wonderful division..simple, short and sweet.

I hope I won't get sued over this! Recently there are cases of ppl getting sued because of what they post on their blogs. This is just my own perception of the things happened in the world..my own analysis and discernation. I firmly believe everyone is entitled to their own opinions. So there..this is mine..
travelled around the world at 3:50 PM