Xuan is a blur and clumsy girl..
Wednesday, September 21, 2005
Why is Xuan a blur and clumsy girl? Heh. She has always been that blur and clumsy all her life. Hmm, she wonders how many people know that she's clumsy? She always tries to act as if nothing has happened even though she almost trips, thus no one knows it. But the truth is, she needs to get a L plate for walking. She's always missing her steps and almost trips but she can recover fast enough. Sometimes. Alas, today was one of those days she couldn't recover fast enough.
She had a morning lect at 8.30am. As a nocturnal being, she slept at 2am the previous night or should I say this morning and woke up at 6.30am. She felt wide awake on her way to school, confident she wouldn't fall asleep during lect. At least she's sure that she could last thru the lect. But then, the z monster liked her so much and kept pestering. Eventually she gave in to the temptation and fell into a dreamless nap. The droning on of the lecturer helped her to fall even deeper. By the time she woke up, the lect was near to the end. Bleary-eyed, she listened to the last few slides then packed her things. She was filing out, making her way to the steps. Still in a blurry state, her foot knocked loudly against the table. She tripped and fell gracelessly. Fortunately, her reflexes were still quick enough to prevent herself from falling face-down and there's a nice guy who caught her arm before she fell completely. However, while she was falling, there was a sense of surrealness. She knew she was falling, yet she felt like she was still trapped in her dream. Does anyone have this kind of feeling before? Maybe it's deja vu? Hmm.. anyway, she was very embarrassed and stood up quickly, pretending nothing has happened. But then, it's impossible to do so cos people in front of her and behind her had surely seen that. Oops. Sigh.. On her way to the canteen with her friends, she almost fell again. But this time round, she could recover quickly. Sigh.. This is the consequences of not getting enough sleep! Will she ever learn from this lesson again? NOOOO...
Anyway, I witnessed an accident today while taking a bus out from school. It was raining heavily throughout the day and some areas were flooded (just a little) and the traffic lights at one crossroad junction were malfunctioning. A traffic policeman was there calling for backup, taking his own sweet time. He should conduct the traffic first cos there was quite a heavy traffic flow and drivers didn't know whether they should go forward or stop without instructions. I was staring out of the window and sort of knew an accident would happen. The taxi and van were speeding, trying to cross the junction before any car could prevent them from doing so. Both of them didn't look to their right and BAM! The bumper for the front of the taxi was gone and the van was spinning to the side of the road. It was quite horrifying witnessing an accident but this was anticipated. Accidents are inevitable on rainy days. As a driver, we should anticipate while driving. Anticipation is very important cos it can prevent you from getting into accidents. This is also called defensive driving. But I don't expect much from a taxi driver la. 9 out of 10 always drive recklessly, regardless of a sunny or rainy day.
My bro got a shock of his life today as well. I was taking off my shoes at the front steps of my house and I heard him turning the key in the hole, opening the door. Naturally, I would greet him loudly once he opened the door. He was literally jumping out of his skin. Hahahaha.. I'm so mean. But I didn't mean to frighten him lor. Okie okie.. maybe a bit? I had that thought but then I didn't think he would have such a BIG reaction! He was scolding me on his way out. =( Bleah.. Haha..and I was laughing on my way in.. =D Wahahahaha.. =P
travelled around the world at 4:02 PM
Quote
Blank pages anxiously await the words
They so desperately need to feel alive.
Encasing thoughts that are dying to be heard
Screaming out the things we often try to hide
The beauty of verse, the power of prose.
Filling the world with profound emotion.
Thoughts & feelings, every nerve is exposed.
Tossing us into the depths of a chaotic ocean.
Archives
Credits
Tag