Wednesday, October 22, 2008

bits and pieces of working life....

someone thought I've called him bastard at work! haha, I might be mean, but I will never scold someone bastard right in the face, or rather, in a call. =P it's just a misunderstanding. this guy called me at around 3am, which 8pm in London and said that they don't really like going home. but I pointed out that he wasn't there when I called him yesterday. he tried to gave an explanation..stuttered and rambled..so I said "ah ha! busted!" as soon as the word came out, it sounded really wrong! haha, I went "oops!". it took him a while for it to sink in..when it finally did, he exclaimed "what??? what did you call me???!!!" haha, he sounded so incredulous and as if he couldn't believe his ears! "I said busted! not bastard bastard..but busted! b-u-s-t-e-d - busted!" haha, I don't think this is the first time I've used the word "busted" but it has never sounded so wrong before! =P

sometimes, the way foreigners pronouce chinese names never fail to amaze me. yeah, i'm used to being called xuan - which sounds like sour in mandarin =P but this american really cracked me up with his pronounciation of another chinese name. that guy's last name is cao and first name is jian. if you put it together, we call him "super bitchy" in mandarin - loosely translated..and that's when he's not being nice. heh. but the foreigners would usually say the first name, followed by the last name - which means it's jian cao in this case. guess what he pronounced it as? john chow! wow! simply amazing! we were scratching our heads, trying to figure who this john chow is..we've never come across such name. so he said this john chow is from option desk..I looked through the list of names in option desk and this seemed to be the most probable and couldn't help laughing out loud. =P but no la, i didn't laugh at that american over the phone, cos it wasn't me who gave him a call in the first place. but this has become our joke for the day.

oh, and it was honey bunny's birthday the week before! haha, remember honey? yup, that london trader..we had to email him about some discrepancies due to US holiday on the 13th. his reply was "i hate national holidays. it's my birthday today" okaaaay, mate..that's not a hint anymore! haha, it's stating outright and seems like he's expecting something from us. so I used our group mailbox again to wish him happy birthday. "hi honey bunny, happy birthday!!!" but this timeI signed of as our team, instead of steven la..i've learnt my lesson already!! =P that was the week when honey bunny was still quite fun..he's getting really busy and boring these days.. =P

hmm, I'm still trying to figure out what rolf is trying to do. rolf is the guy from zurich and he's the one who introduced his colleague,that zurich trader to me. but that day, rolf was on the phone with my teammate and started to tell my teammate, steven all sorts of weird stuff! he told him about the photo, about that zurich trader who looks like this street fighter character, zangief..and he told him bits and pieces of conversation that I used to have with him over emails. why would he do that?? and my beloved teammate took the opportunity to bitch about me with him on the phone, in a joking manner la. kns! haha, I was on the other line and couldn't defend myself. he told rolf that my laughter is loud and very annoying at times. grrrr! and I thought I sounded sweet! hahahaha..that's obviously NOT true - a joke, of course! and steven told him about that "you're welcome, my honey" email..bleah! I dunno what that rolf is up to la..that has never happened before! I felt like everything has been exposed and I don't feel comfortable sharing all kinds of things with my teammates..that's like duh right? why would I tell them about the emails exchanged between me and other people?? unless it's those really funny ones la..heh.

men!! now I know I'm not going to tell them anything in the future, as long as we are still working together! =P
travelled around the world at 11:47 PM